Receiving its Charter on 16th November 1950 the Seaford RSL began from humble beginnings in the garage of Wally Mott the Founding President of the Seaford RSL. The Club then moved to the Seaford Drill Hall in Station Street which mysteriously burnt to the ground on New Years Eve 1977. Club activities continued in the Sports Room that had not suffered during the blaze.
Without a function hall Members and their ladies had to start all over again and raise monies for new premises which they achieved through running functions of all types including raffles and BBQ’s. Through 1978 to 1981 under the guidance of new President Sam Ryan an experienced RSL and Finance man, plans were developed and approvals gained from various government bodies and our new building rose like phoenix out of the ashes of the much loved and much used old hall. The new RSL was officially opened again on August 8 1981 and served us well until 1991 when we moved into the magnificent building we now occupy.